DSmaps uses a number of open source libraries. The following three are now part of the devkitPro suite of tools for game console software development:
- libnds – This is the main library for DS programming. It was written by Michael Noland and Jason Rogers.
- libfat – This provides access to file system on the flash card. It was written by Michael Chisholm.
- dswifi – This handles interaction with the Wi-Fi hardware and implements the TCP/IP protocol stack. It was written by Stephen Stair.
I also use the following libraries:
- libpng – This is used to decode PNG images. It was written by Guy Eric Schalnat, Andreas Dilger, and Glenn Randers-Pehrson.
- zlib – This is used by the libpng library when decoding PNG images that are compressed. It was written by Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler.
All of the above libraries were compiled from their original sources for linking to the DSmaps source code.
Last but by no means least, thanks to Google for the fabulous ‘keyhole server’.